5.07.2006

You're Cross-Fired!


Turns out, he will not be your monkey.

Stephen Colbert's recent address at the White House Correspondent's Dinner got me thinking about Jon Stewart's appearance on "Crossfire" back in 2004. I hadn't seen the entire segment, so I never had a feel for what happened on that show and the impact it had on the shows cancellation.

Now that I've seen this clip I understand the extent of Stewart's role in the creation of the "Colbert Report", and the origins of the Colbert character. I see Jon, Stephen rises to power like a phoenix from the ashes of Tucker Carlson and Paul Bagala. Who can disagree with a man who loves America so much?

I'm throwing my full support behind Stewart / Colbert 2008, which is surprisingly grass roots at the moment. Do your part: sign an i-petition, wear a shirt, or just join in the call for change by making your voice heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home