4.17.2006

Transformers: The Movie - The Movie.


It's a familiar story: Toy companies reaping the rewards of nostalgic parents.

Younger parents mean quicker returns for companies like Hasbro, who spent a shit-ton of money in the 80's burning their product into young, impressionable minds. With that kind of business model, all you have to do is simply exist another 20 years or so, until young adults flood the market, wanting their kids to watch the same cartoon characters and play with the same toys they did. (e.g. cabbage patch, g.i. joe, my little pony)

Ever since the invention of CGI I've touted my idea of bringing a live action movie based on the Transformers. Giant robots causing chaos in urban environments? Turning into trucks and fighter jets, shooting each other with laser beams? Optimus fucking Prime?

All I want to know is: Where do I stand in line to pay my $12?


The Transformers Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home